10 Things We Learned from Alex Wang
Without a doubt, the Alexander Wang show always delivers on its incredible hype. It attracted the most celebrities, editors, and the biggest models to Pier 94 so far, and is perhaps second only to Marc Jacobs in the overall tout department. There were plenty of sightings, lessons, and excitement to be taken in at the show. This is what we’ve gathered:
1) Getting to and from Pier 94 is a pain. Unless you have a reliable town car, or prefer to go green like Ryan McGinley. He smoothly arrived to the show on a bicycle.
2) It’s good to be Anna Wintour’s date. Alicia Keys held that title today and she wasn’t disappointed by being Vogue’s pet of the day. "I was sort of humbled by sitting with the team," she told us after. "And all I wanted to do was dance to the music and jump on that runway. The energy was contagious."
3) Speaking of Wintour? Humberto Leon became a momentary member of her entourage when he arrived to the show with the editrix and her daughter Bee Shaffer.
4) Making your pit tiny will inspire photographers to abandon other shows. Most snappers arrived three hours before the show time for their space in the ultra exclusive spot.
5) Fashion is more important to Kanye than Grammy weekend. "I still haven’t seen Alex’s show," he told us. "So today was awesome. I’m going through the list of my favorites."
6) Santigold hasn’t seen the light in two months. "Honestly, I was in the studio so all these flashes are sort of super shocking to me," she shrugged. Oh well, I get used to it!
7) How did Karolina spend her day? "By babysitting my baby of course," she grinned. Because all the super moms get to walk in the Alex Wang show at night.
8) Frida Gustavsson just bought a new apartment in Stockholm. Congrats!
9) Craig McDean is very smart. He spent a good chunk of this blizzard in Los Angeles and only arrived a little while ago to catch Alex & Co.
10) Why does the closing model Natasha Poly look this good? "I’ve been resting in Malaysia,” she smiled. “That will always put you in a good mood." Joan Smalls went on a very similar vacation to Puerto Rico.
Photos courtesy of BFA