Top 5 Most Foshizzle Snoop Dogg Appearances
When it comes to ubiquity in pop culture, Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion aka Snoopzilla aka DJ Snoopadelic takes the cake for popping up just about everywhere. He has become an icon for lazy stoners and uptight prepsters alike, bridging all divides and cultures with his effortless appeal for universal love and marijuana usage. To celebrate our love for the man, the myth, and the legend, (and to help wish him a happy 43rd birthday!) we have collected our Top 5 Most Foshizzle Snoop Dogg Appearances, because who says a rapper has to be relegated to hip-hop?
5. Weeds: Okay, okay, so it may not seem so far fetched that the man who reportedly smokes 40 blunts a day would pop up in a show about marijuana. But to have suburban mom gone drug dealer Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker) create a strain of weed called milfweed that is so good that she sells to Snoop Dogg (playing himself) in person? That’s only possible in the magical land of television. Snoop liked Nancy’s milfweed so much that he lays down a freestyle track where he pinpoints the quality of this cannabis and the suppleness of Nancy Botwin’s rear end. Milf weed indeed.
4. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?: Snoop hopped in the hot seat to spar with Regis and win some money for his own charity in a bizarre segment from one of the most iconic game shows in tv history. Snoop was apparently exempt from the normal rules as he was only asked to answer one question about the movie Watchmen. His only question proved too much for him, as he quote “seen that movie, but fell asleep on it.” (We don’t blame you Snoop, that was a long movie). He and Regis also had a little heart to heart about the origins of his name, so all in all this may be the greatest episode in the show’s history.
3. California Gurls: Like most artists in the hip-hop genre, Snoop Dogg has been a feature in a wide variety of other musician’s tracks, but none proved to be as out of left field as when Snoop snagged the guest spot on Katy Perry’s ‘California Gurls,’ the lead single off her queen-making album Teenage Dream. We don’t know whether they collaborated just so Snoop could play King Candy in Katy’s Candyland fantasia of a music video or whether he really did get “all up on her, for representin California.” Either way, he looked damn suave in a cupcake suit.
2. The Price Is Right: Snoop straight kills it on his game show appearances, which must be why Drew Carey and company asked him to help host the show’s 40th anniversary broadcast. He displayed an uncanny talent at Plinko, helping contestants bring home thousands of dollars and a motorcycle. He also made his entrance in a vintage convertible and was most definitely stoned, so despite not actually being a contestant it’s safe to say that he won. “You’re gonna get it baby! You’re gonna get it!” he told one unsure player. Can he host every game show? We’re thinking he would make a fantastic understudy for Alex Trebek.
1. Martha Stewart Show: It was the guest appearance that launched a thousand memes. Snoop Dogg arrived on the Martha Stewart Show to help her make…sigh…brownies. For obvious reasons they were not special brownies, but Snoop frequently stressed to Martha that he had an ounce ready to throw into the batter, at one point rapping “tryna bake some brownies, but we’re missing the most important part of the brownies.” It makes for one of the most jarring daytime television appearances in recent memory, but one that will live on in our hearts and Youtube channels for time immemorial.
BONUS: Speaking of Youtube channels, Snoop Dogg somehow appeared in a clip on the popular series Epic Rap Battles of History where he played Moses rapping against Santa Claus. Obviously he won, thanks in part to killer rhymes like “I’ll split yo ass in half like I did the Red Sea.” It puts a whole new spin on the burning bush once Snoop Moses emerged with the ‘Ten Commandizzles,’ and it definitely proved to be one of the best entries in the series.