Coping with COVID-19, Courtesy of Milk.xyz
In light of the recent COVID-19 crisis, we are taking steps to ensure that our Milk fam stays healthy and creative while self-quarantining at home. Every Monday, friends and members of our Milk community will give personal tips on their routine for maximizing well-being in the face of this pandemic. First up, our XYZ team.
Here are a few of our faves:
DISTANCING BUT MAKE IT FASHION:
*STYLE UP YOUR SANITATION GEAR*
- Decorate your surgical masks.
- Latex is in this season.
- The higher the heels the further from germs.
- Do your makeup like it’s your birthday.
- Keep a wet wipe…
HOW TO KEEP YOUR CREATIVE ROUTINE:
- Watch all those movies you’ve been putting off.
- Try to moodboard — you don’t have to force inspiration!
- Put on your favorite outfits.
- Start writing about that personal project you’ve always wanted to work on.
- Submit a film at “Intimate Space” @SOMADSTUDIO.
- Listen to a podcast or read a bit every day.
- Spring clean — this includes your desktop.
- Back up your drive.
- Have a dance party.
- Learn how to do one thing you’ve always wanted to learn.
- And if you don’t feel like being productive, f*ck it, being lazy is okay too!
KEEPING SANE IN ISOLATION:
- Keep active, do at-home workouts.
- Light candles, make your space cozy.
- Call your family.
- Cry (if you need to.)
- Spend time outside (if possible.)
- Get ready every day.
- Limit social media.
- Stream Marilyn Manson for sad moments.
Stay tuned to Milk for more coping mechanisms and ways to stay creative during this time.